It’s that time of year again. Intuit will release QuickBooks 2012 to consumers shortly. The new version includes innovative features which simplify business functions further. QuickBooks maintains its user friendly interface with the addition of the Inventory, Lead Center, Calendar and more. All of these features can change how you do business in QuickBooks. Maximize your money by familiarizing yourself with the new bells and whistles.
QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise for 2012 have the following features:
1. NEW! Calendar View. Integrated calendar feature lets you easily view timely information, including invoice and billing dates and other scheduled tasks. Improved To-Do List captures your most relevant dates and displays them in the Calendar View. Past due transactions are automatically flagged.
2. IMPROVED! Excel Integration Refresh. Save formatting and save time. Now when you export your QuickBooks reports to Excel, simply refresh your previously saved worksheet and your formats will be applied to the new report. QuickBooks remembers your Excel formats so you can work seamlessly.
3. IMPROVED! Memorized Transactions. Let QuickBooks do your most frequent and time-consuming tasks for you. In addition to automatically executing recurring transactions like weekly and monthly bills and invoices, you can now easily select which transactions to run and which to postpone. Includes new bi-monthly option.
4. NEW! Document Center (formerly Attached Documents, now a NEW feature). Get organized by scanning and attaching receipts, estimates and other important business documents to your QuickBooks records with drag and drop ease. The new QuickBooks Document Center lets you store files locally on your hard drive. A major advantage at tax time.
5. NEW! Lead Center. QuickBooks helps you create and manage your valuable business leads. The new QuickBooks Lead Center also easily imports and tracks your existing leads. When a lead becomes a customer, move all the lead information to the Customer Center with a single click.
6. NEW! Batched Invoices for Time and Expenses. Now you can invoice multiple customers for time and expenses in one convenient batch. Create a single invoice for customers who share regularly scheduled expenses and QuickBooks will process them, no additional reentry needed.
7. NEW! Batched Time Sheets. Now you can process multiple vendor and employee time sheets in one convenient batch. Create a single time sheet for employees and vendors who share the same work hours, and QuickBooks will process them all with no additional reentry.
8. NEW! Popular Reports. QuickBooks gives you access to report templates created by other QuickBooks users in your industry. Search by popularity, user rating and industry. Choose the template you like and QuickBooks will populate the report with your business data in one click.
9. NEW! Inventory Center – Easily find and locate inventory tasks by accessing your inventory items and reports all in one place with QuickBooks Inventory Center. Now add a notes field or image to each item for quick identification. (note: image capabilities available in Entrprise Solutions only)