QuickBooks has been steadily adding more and more connection options for the internet. From the Service Connection section of the QuickBooks preferences window, you can manage many of the options related to internet connections.
- Give me the option of saving a file whenever I download Web Connect data
- Checking this box will prompt you to save every time you download data from Web connect. It is located in the My Preferences tab.
- If QuickBooks is run by my Browser, don’t Close it after Web Connect is done.
- Checking this box will keep QuickBooks open if you go to a URL in your browser that starts QuickBooks, even after the browser is done using QuickBooks. This is also located in the My Preferences tab.
- In the Company Preferences tab, you can choose your password options for Web Connect. You can either choose to be prompted for a password each time you connect, which is good if you have other users using QuickBooks. You can also choose to connect automatically without a password, which would be better if it was only you using the company file. You can also choose to allow or disallow background downloading. If you have a slow internet connection, you may want to choose not to use this.