As technology has advanced over the last ten or so years, you may have noticed a shift in the paradigm of marketing as well. Today, businesses are moving toward digital marketing, and this is no different for those in the real estate and property management industry.
When you are in a market saturated with competition, you want your (or your company’s) name to be the one that consumers remember. Employing an effective digital marketing strategy is one sure-fire way to do this. When clients are in the market for houses, they often begin their searches online—so that is exactly where you want to be. Give yourself a leg up on the competition by reaching your consumer base in the most effective and efficient method, and, if you have not already, start using digital marketing for your real estate business.
How to Go Digital
There are so many different mediums you can use to reach out to potential clients; it all depends on you, how you want to represent your business, and what you think will have the greatest impact on your target customer. Here are some examples of digital marketing methods that have become quite popular in the real estate industry:
- Email Campaigns. Email campaigns are effective for both reaching out to new prospects and staying connected with past clients. You need to make sure that you develop a well-rounded campaign, one that engages your consumers, because they will only click something that appeals to them.
- Websites. As technology grows, our patience does the opposite. Typically, a user will only wait a few seconds before closing a window if it does not load. You want to make sure that your website loads quickly and is easy to use (On that note, make sure that it is mobile-friendly as well).
- Pay-Per-Click Ads. Pay-per-click ads, or PPC ads, are a phenomenal means of generating leads while being smart with your money. You can guess from the name that you pay only when somebody clicks your ad, so it is a great way to get clients who are genuinely interested in your services.
- Blogging. Blogs have become trendier nowadays, and people will love them if you actually give them some valuable content. Start writing about what you have learned as a real estate professional, trends in the industry, and anything else that might be of interest to your desired clientele.
- Virtual Property Tours. Video content generates revenue about 50% faster for marketers than non-video content, and in the case of selling properties, this can be extremely beneficial, especially if the client has to travel. With video tours, they can get a good idea of what the property is like before they even visit.
- Social Media. Social media may very well be the most powerful tool in a marketer’s arsenal. It can be difficult to post regularly, though, so you may be interested in using social media software that makes developing and scheduling content a breeze. Use Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, or whatever else to engage with your clients—learn more about them, let them learn more about you, and build a solid relationship.
- Webinars. Webinars are an excellent way to get your name out there with proof that you know what you are doing. Through the web (pun intended), you can share your real estate expertise and reach a wide range of leads that you may not have generated otherwise. People want valuable information, so you should give it to them.
- Search Engine Optimization. More commonly referred to as SEO, this is something everybody posting anything on the internet for leads should utilize. When you implement the right techniques, your content will show up higher on search engines. Update your blog regularly and continuously update your SEO because search engines are always changing their algorithms.
- Classic Advertisements. “Traditional” online advertisements still exist for a reason: banners, videos (which have a much higher response rate than non-video advertisements, FYI), and other such content. Do not forget to take advantage of these as well if you believe they will reach your target audience.
- Marketing Service. If, for some reason, you do not want to do the marketing on your own—whether that is because you feel like you do not have time, you do not know what to say to reach consumers, or due to a myriad of other reasons—you always have the option to outsource. Marketing services are professional marketers; sometimes it is the smarter move to hire someone who is an expert than it is to do it yourself.
No matter how you decide to market your business, you need to remember that marketing is crucial, especially when the most effective way to reach people nowadays is through technology. As much as it pains me to say it, fewer people will notice that colorful sign you put up on the street corner, and more will notice the video you posted about how to find the best properties. We have the internet at our fingertips; grab the bull by the horns and start your digital marketing campaign now.
If you have any questions, contact our team!