Thank you for being an Intuit QuickBooks Desktop customer and for giving Intuit the opportunity to help you revolutionize the way you run your small business. We want to inform you about an upcoming change that will affect how your QuickBooks Desktop data can be synced to some online apps.
3rd party applications (i.e. non-Intuit apps) will no longer have access to Sync Manager. The majority of 3rd party developers have provided or are in the process of providing a solution for you to continue to use their app.
Effective May 31st, 2016, Intuit Sync Manager for QuickBooks Desktop will no longer be available. You will not be able to access your Sync Manager data after this date.
What does this mean?
- You are receiving this email because you currently use an application which utilizes Sync Manager (which was automatically installed when you installed QuickBooks) to sync your QuickBooks Desktop data to an online application. Intuit Sync Manager is one of many methods that syncs your QuickBooks company file data with 3rd party applications and some internal add-on services, such as recurring payments and the Intuit 1099 e-file service.
- This change only affects the application(s) that uses QuickBooks Desktop Sync Manager. It does not affect your QuickBooks Desktop product, Online Banking, ViewMyPaycheck, Intuit Field Service Management, Recurring payments, or applications that use the QuickBooks Web Connector. In the case of the Intuit 1099 e-file service, there is no impact for the 2015-2016 tax season.
Are my apps affected?
- Developers of each application you use should have already contacted you. However, if not, you can find a list of all applications affected by this change and the contact information for the developer by clicking here.
- Using Square + QuickBooks Desktop?
- A new and improved solution is now available. Click here to try the Commerce Sync integration app for Square and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Please note: Not all online web applications are affected. Only applications that use QuickBooks Desktop Sync Manager are affected by this change.
What should I do?
- Please contact the application developer. In some cases, developers have created new desktop integrations and will help you migrate to their new application.
We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for the impact to you and your business.
If you have any questions or need help call us or please view FAQ.